Project Classic Evo +Quintet Red (Eucalyptus)
Project Classic Evo +Quintet Red (Eucalyptus)
The Classic Evo utilises a simple and elegant “frame” design, which bears a notable resemblance to some of the most famous turntables of the 1950’s, 60’s and 70’s. But the design is more than just aesthetically pleasing, it also combines proven hi-fi technologies with the ‘simple to set-up and own’ principles associated with Pro-Ject turntables, so you can just focus on enjoying your music.
The improved two-plinth design utilises Thermo Plastic Elastomers (TPE) to isolate the metal-finished inner-chassis, rather than the traditional method of a spring-loaded sub-chassis; but this construction still effectively decouples the motor from the main bearing and the tonearm, reducing unwanted interference between the components.
The idea of reduced resonance transference in The Classic Evo carries through to the platter configuration. The heavy main platter is machined from a special aluminium alloy, which is lined with TPE damping, while the new sub-platter is diamond-cut from the same metal for absolute accuracy and reliability in production. This new system adds greater mass over previous The Classic designs, and works to far finer tolerances. When mounted in the steel/bronze main bearing with Teflon lining, the end result is an ultra-silent, stable playback platform with minimal bearing noise.
For the highest performance in use, the platter system is belt-driven by a premium AC drive motor, which is powered by a DC/AC generator board for minimal noise and interference from unclean power supplies. For added convenience, there is also a simple speed control switch on the top surface of the inner plinth, allowing for quick and easy switching between 33 and 45 RPM playback speed (78 RPM playback also supported).
The Classic Evo retains the specially designed tonearm tube from the original The Classic model. The one-piece conical tonearm tube is made from aluminium, wrapped in carbon fibre – creating a tube that’s both light and very stiff, with excellent resistance to unwanted vibrations and interference. However, in the latest model the tonearm tube is mounted into a superior bearing housing, which uses a high-mass block to draw vibrations away from the signal wires. The striking nickel-finished counterweight is also TPE-damped, reducing the amplitude of the tonearm’s resonant-frequency by 50%. Finally, the tonearm also benefits from the usual azimuth and VTA-adjustments associated with all high-end Pro-Ject tonearms.
The Classic Evo is supplied as standard with the popular Ortofon Quintet Red Moving Coil (MC) cartridge. The Quintet Red is a solid, all-round performer, and allows The Classic Evo to perform to a high standard straight out of the box. The Classic Evo is also optionally available to special order without a pre-fitted cartridge.
The Classic Evo includes a set of height-adjustable dampened feet, a pair of Connect-IT E phono RCA cables (specially developed for use with turntable systems) and a removable dust cover. It’s available in Eucalyptus or Walnut veneer finish. It is also supplied as standard with all necessary set-up tools.
The Classic Evo retains all the strong points of the original design and improves in certain areas to create a better experience than ever before. The sound is exciting and engaging, the design is breath-taking, the technology is first-class, and the product is accessible to any type of music lover.
- Premium “frame” design turntable with improved construction
- Clever technologies allow for simplicity in set-up and use
- Silent belt-drive system rotates the heavy main platter
- New diamond-cut precision sub-platter for reduced resonances
- Electronic speed control to switch between 33 and 45 RPM (78 RPM playback also available)
- 9" The Classic tonearm with carbon fibre/aluminium construction and Evolution bearings
- Ortofon Quintet Red cartridge pre-installed
- Fully adjustable for azimuth and VTA
- Supplied with nickel-plated TPE-damped counterweight
- Height adjustable decoupling feet
- Available in two wooden finishes
- Dust cover included
This product is supplied with a 2 Year Warranty
Please allow 3-5 Days Delivery on this item
|gtin (EAN or UPC)||9120097820198|
· Speed: 33, 45, 78 (electronic speed change)
· Drive Principle: Belt drive
· Platter: 300 mm aluminium
· Mains bearing: Stainless steel
· Speed & Variance: 33: 0.10%
· 45: 0.09%
· Wow & Flutter: 33: 0.13%
· 45: 0.10%
· Signal-to-Nosie: 70dB
· Tonearm: 9" carbon/aluminium sandwich tonearm
· Effective Arm Length: 230 mm
· Effective Arm Mass: 13.5 g
· Overhang: 18 mm
· Tracking Force Range: 10 - 30mN
· Included Accessories: 15V DC/0.8A power supply
· dust cover
· Power Connection: 110/120 or 230/240 Volt - 50 or 60 Hz
· Power Consumption: 5 Watt max / <0.5 Watt standby
· Dimensions (W x H x D): 462 x 131 x 351 mm (lid closed)
· Weight: 10.5 kg (net)