Rega Planar 3 Turntable 50th Anniversary Walnut
The Rega Planar 3 50th Anniversary turntable with a factory fitted Rega Exact Cartridge, with Neo Mk2 PSU included.
This is a Click & Collect item available from our Northampton store, Contact us for an ETA
Replacing the multi award winning and five times What Hi-Fi? Product of the Year (RP3) was never going to be an easy task. It took our team of designers headed up by Rega's Roy Gandy, two years to develop the all new 'Planar 3' following the biggest re-design of the iconic 'three' model ever seen. Our team have worked tirelessly to improve every aspect of this turntable offering improved ergonomics, usability and first and foremost, sonic performance. The new ‘Planar 3’ is truly a new turntable carrying over just two components from the previous model.
RB330 tonearm - Designed using the latest 3D CAD & CAM technology, the new RB330 is the culmination of more than 35 years of tonearm design experience. Featuring a brand new bearing housing, and our latest tonearm tube designed using intelligent redistribution of mass ensure this arm will exhibit fewer points of possible resonance. Extreme stability with almost friction free movement from the new high precision bearing assemblies guarantees to gather more information from your vinyl than ever before.
- Featuring a new bias assembly, re-designed stiffer vertical bearing housing,
- Integrated arm clip and an improved spring housing with easier to read numbers.
- Rega made, new low capacitance phono cable with Neutrik plugs,
- Improved lower friction, precision horizontal and vertical bearings
- New design 100g mild steel balance weight.
Plinth - High gloss acrylic, laminated plinth, stiffer and vastly improved appearance, ergonomically positioned power switch.Two plinth finishes at launch: gloss black & gloss white
Double braces - Improved thicker 3mm phenolic bottom brace and new metalised skin phenolic top brace.
Bearing housing – Re-designed brass main hub central bearing, improved fit and construction reducing stress on the bearing itself.
Sub platter - Re-designed sub platter, improved accuracy and improved stiffness.
Platter - New float glass ‘Optiwhite’ polished rim 12mm – Improved accuracy in manufacture and stunning looks.
Re-designed foot - New improved foot to increase stability and reduce vibration transfer.
24V motor - Improved new motor control PCB with integration for the addition of TT-PSU for electronic speed change and improved advanced anti-vibration circuit (sold separately).
Motor cover tray with integrated cooling.
- This turntable is supplied with an Exact Cartridge
- A Tonearm Spacer is required to fit non-Rega cartridges to this turntable
- This item is supplied with a 1 year warranty
- This is a Click & Collect item available from our Northampton store, Contact us for an ETA
50th Anniversary Key Features: