Denon AVCX4700H AV Amplifier 9ch Black D
This 9.2 channel 8K AV Amplifier with 200W per channel fully supports 3D audio formats like Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, IMAX Enhanced and Auro-3D. Comes equipped with the latest in HDMI specifications.
Please allow 5-10 Days GB Delivery on this item
Discover a new world of home entertainment with the new Denon AVC-X4700H. Nine discrete, identical amplifiers rated at 200W each, and 11.2 channel processing capability with two ADI Griffing Lite DSPs will let your home cinema shine in breathtaking Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, IMAX Enhanced and Auro-3D immersive surround sound. The AVC-X4700H supports the latest HDMI video technologies such as 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz pass-through, Dolby Vision, HDR10, HDR10+, Dynamic HDR, HLG, as well as 8K upscaling and HDCP 2.3 support on all HDMI inputs (8 in/3 out).
Stream popular music services like Spotify, TuneIn Internet Radio, Amazon Music HD, TIDAL and more wirelessly via Bluetooth, Apple AirPlay 2 and Wi-Fi with HEOS Built-in. Enjoy your MP3 collection and even Hi-Res audio formats (WAV, FLAC, ALAC and DSD 2.8/5.6 MHz files) via USB or Network. The Denon AVC-X4700H works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri for effortless voice control.
By visually guiding you through each step in the setup process, the award-winning Denon Setup Assistant ensures you get set up right the first time. Every home theatre is different — that’s why Denon uses the premium Audyssey MultEQ XT32 room calibration technology from Audyssey that automatically measures and optimizes your AV amplifier to provide a truly immersive 3D audio experience custom-tailored to your unique listening environment.
- High-performance discrete 9-channel amplifier: Delivers a dynamic 200W per channel to provide a trusted, precise and powerful Denon sound experience.
- Full 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz support: With the latest HDMI support, enjoy 8K quality video from your 8K source devices. Supporting one 8K input and two 8K outputs allows for 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz pass-through. 8K upscaling is available on all 8 HDMI inputs.
- The latest in HDMI support: With 8 advanced HDMI inputs with full HDCP 2.3 support and 3 HDMI outputs, connect to all your favourite media devices and output up to 3 monitor displays so you can enjoy from any room.
- Enjoy your favourite immersive 3D audio: Enjoy immersive, 3D audio from sources like Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization, DTS:X, DTS Virtual:X and Auro-3D.
- IMAX Enhanced Technology: Delivers a true IMAX theatre experience at home.
- Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) HDMI support: Through the main HDMI output, connect your TV with eARC HDMI support to allow uncompressed and object-based audio formats like Dolby Atmos and DTS:X directly from your smart TV app to your AV amplifier.
- The latest in video compatibility: The latest HDR format support including HDR10, HDR10+ (New in 2020), HLG, Dolby Vision, as well as Dynamic HDR (New in 2020), to provide the greatest picture quality for brightness, clarity and contrast.
- The next generation in movie immersion: With 8K/60Hz pass-through and upscaling, Dynamic HDR and Quick Media Switching (QMS), enjoy crystal clear and smoothest picture in the highest quality available.
- The latest in gaming experiences: With 4K/120Hz pass-through, Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and Quick Frame Transport (QFT), enjoy your gaming experience with amazing imaging, as well as reduced lag and latency.
- New DSP for more processing power: With 11.2 ch. max audio processing, connect an external power amplifier to the AVC-X4700H to power two additional channels to enjoy a 11.2 ch. home theatre setup.
- Works with your favourite voice assistants: Use your voice to control the AVC-X4700H and wireless music services hands-free with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri.
- Wireless streaming from the most popular music services: Enjoy all of your favourite music services like Spotify, TuneIn Internet Radio, Amazon Music HD, TIDAL, Deezer and more. The AVC-X4700H also lets you enjoy your music via AirPlay 2, letting you stream your favourite tracks from Apple Music.
- “Roon Tested” Certified: Get more out of your digital music library with searchable, surfable information about your favourite artists and songs. Find lyrics, concert dates, photos, bios, reviews and more. Subscription required.
- Phono input: With the included phono input, the AVC-X4700H lets you connect your turntable and play your favourite vinyl records with ease. Enjoy your collection with exceptional quality and sound.
- Dual subwoofer outputs: Smooths out low frequencies for better bass dispersion.
- HEOS Built-in wireless multi-room music streaming technology: Listen from any room for a connected, whole-home audio experience. The AVC-X4700H also works with the newly introduced Denon Home speakers to let you enjoy a whole-home audio experience.
- High-resolution audio streaming for Hi-Fi enthusiasts: Enjoy your favourite Hi-Res quality file playback with FLAC, ALAC, and WAV support, as well as DSD 2.8/5.6MHz.
- All Zone TV audio: Play the audio from your TV to another zone for your favourite shows without losing fully discrete surround sound in the main zone.
- Built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support: Solid wireless network connectivity even in congested environments.
- Bluetooth audio transmitter: Enjoy your favourite audio through your Bluetooth headphones late at night or with your family member who is hearing impaired. This feature supports Bluetooth-only playback as well as simultaneous playback with connected speakers.
- Smart TV connectivity: Control the Denon AVC-X4700H with your TV remote via HDMI CEC.
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32, Dynamic Volume, Dynamic EQ, LFC and Sub EQ HT: Delivers the ultimate equalization for your individual room including subwoofer EQ.
- Custom install ready: The Denon AVC-X4700H features external control and IP control capabilities for easy customization and compatibility with third-party integration solutions.
- Equipped with two 12V trigger outputs: Connect up to two devices such as an automatic screen or projector and operate on standby power.
- Amazing audio built on 110-years of innovation: Denon is the defining audio company of Japan. Founded in 1910, we enable the moments that matter through the relentless pursuit of quality, innovation and audio performance.
- This item is covered by a 1 year warranty
- Please allow 5-10 Days GB Delivery on this item
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
What is the difference between an Integrated Amplifier, Pre-Amplifier & Power Amplifier?
An amplifier has 2 main internal sections. The switching & control section is called the Pre-Amplifier, this allows you to select your source & volume & sometimes allows tonal adjustment. The Power Amplifier then takes the signal from the Pre-Amplifier & amplifies it to power your speakers. An Integrated amplifier has both the Pre-Amplifier & Power Amplifier combined into a single box.
Does my AV Receiver need to be 4k compatible for 4k?
Yes. Your receiver will need to have a minimum specification of HDMI-2.0 with HDCP-2.2 copy protection to pass 4k at 24/50/60fps. Although HDMI-1.4 is capable of passing 4k at 24fps, the lack of support for HDCP-2.2 prevents use of this feature with almost all 4k sources. An Ultra-HD BluRay player will give no image on BluRay playback without HDCP-2.2 support, even with regular (non-4k) BluRay discs.
Do I need 4k certified HDMI cables to run 4k?
Ideally, yes, but some older cables that were manufactured to a high specification may still work. HDMI is best thought of as a data transmission rather than video and as such the acheivable quality is down to the bandwidth of your cables. For basic 4k compatibility a bandwidth of around 10Gbps is required. This specification was introduced as a minimum standard for HDMI-1.4 certification and is capable of 4k resolution up to 24fps with Chroma sampling up to 4:2:2. 4k 50/60fps is not possible at this bandwidth. For the latest full 4k specifications a bandwidth of 18Gbps is required. This was introduced as a minimum standard for HDMI 2.0 and covers 4k resolution at 24/50/60fps up to 4:4:4 Chroma sampling. The longer your cable the more loss your HDMI signal experiences so when using longer cable lengths or installing inside walls and ceilings it is vital that you select a cable that is up to the job as if the data rate is insufficient you may receive no picture at all.
What do the different HDMI Version numbers mean?
Each HDMI version number has a minimum set of specifications that manufacturers must meet to be compatible with the latest video standards at that time. The different version numbers offer the following compatibility: == HDMI 1.0 == HDMI plug types A & B Launched. Minimum Bandwidth 4.95Gbps. Guaranteed resolution 1080p, optional audio support up to 8-channel 192k/24bit PCM, Dolby Digital, & DTS. In practice most HDMI 1.0 equipment did not provide audio support == HDMI 1.1 == as above but with optional audio support for DVD-A (MLP) == HDMI 1.2 == as above but with optional audio support for SACD (One-Bit) == HDMI 1.2a == as above with optional CEC (consumer electronics control) support for command signals between components == HDMI 1.3 == Minimum bandwidth 10.2Gbps. Guaranteed resolution 1440p, Deep Colour support, optional audio support for Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby True-HD, & DTS-HD. Automatic Audio/Video synchronisation to improve lip-sync == HDMI 1.3a == Compatibility improvements to 1.3 standard. Introduction of Plug type C (Mini-HDMI) == HDMI 1.3b == Compatibility improvements to HDMI 1.3a == HDMI 1.4 == Minimum Bandwidth 10.2Gbps. Guaranteed resolution 2160p (4k) at 24fps. Note that in practice Ultra-HD and most 4k sources will not work as HDMI 1.4 does not support the HDCP 2.2 copy protection required by Ultra-HD standards. Ethernet support at 100Mb/s. ARC Audio Return Channel. 3D compatibility. Introduction of Plug type D (Micro-HDMI) == HDMI 1.4 == Minimum Bandwidth 10.2Gbps. Guaranteed resolution 2160p (4k) at 24fps. Note that in practice Ultra-HD and most 4k sources will not work as HDMI 1.4 does not support the HDCP 2.2 copy protection required by Ultra-HD standards. Ethernet support at 100Mb/s. ARC Audio Return Channel. 3D compatibility. Introduction of Plug type D (Micro-HDMI) == HDMI 2.0 == Minimum Bandwidth 18Gbps. Guaranteed resolution 2160p (4k) at 60fps. Optional HDCP 2.2 support for UltraHD & 4k copy protection. PCM audio support increased to 32 Channels == HDMI 2.0a == as above with HDR Support for improved contrast levels == HDMI 2.0b == as above with HLG support for improved contrast levels == HDMI 2.1 == Increased badwidth of 48Gbps allowing support for 8k/60Hz and 4k/120Hz. Support for dynamic HDR. Support for eARC high resolution audio return channel. QMS Quick Media Switching eliminates image dropout between changes in refresh rate.